Monday, July 30, 2007

Everyone Loves A Parade




Tonight was the annual Lincoln County Fair Parade. They close down a major highway for about 3 blocks so people on fire engines, horses, various ATVs and ambulances can throw candy at you. It is the highlight of the kids summer time vists to Grandma and Grandpa's house.


On a slightly sadder note. The Homemade Ice Cream Contest was cancelled this year. I am very disapointed. Mostly because we bought all of the stuff not only to make the ice cream for the contest but to do a trial run today. Good thing there is about 100 people running around that all like ice cream because we have a lot.

3 comments:

Lindsay Cahoon said...

Who is that fellow with Thomas? I hope he enjoyed the parade, whoever he is.

the kendig family said...

Lindsay, that dashing young man is my new nephew, Fernando. I do think he enjoyed the parade

Brooke said...

Did you find any more of those yummy berries? Wish I was there to eat some homemade icecream.